As Dave Liniger, Chairman and Co-Founder of RE/MAX spoke to nearly 1,000 Broker/Owners and Managers in Los Angeles this week, I sat in my chair beaming from ear to ear. He said it’s time to stop being polite or humble about the unmatched competitive advantages of RE/MAX affiliation. We have the best, most productive, most experienced agents in the business, and there’s no reason to be shy about what that means. For instance:
• We are No. 1 in market share.
• We are No. 1 in agent productivity.
• We are No. 1 in brand name awareness.
• We are No. 1 in advertising.
• We are No. 1 in lead generation.
• We are No. 1 in professional education.
• We are No. 1 in the minds of buyers and sellers.
And we are No. 1 in the eyes of most of our national competitors, who understand that RE/MAX continues to be the home of top producers who outperform their agents year after year.
That’s just the way it is, and we should be bold in saying it.
As a Broker/Owner in our system, I am proud of this unbeatable edge. The fact is that real estate professionals who want to be on the No. 1 team – and are equipped for it – ought to be with RE/MAX.
The results were an astonishing, tremendously positive reflection of how we rate in the eyes of consumers. (1) Brand affiliation matters, (2) consumers know and trust RE/MAX more than any other national franchise, and (3) industry-leading awareness generates additional leads and business for our Associates.
That’s powerful stuff, especially these days. Here are just a few particulars:
• In unaided awareness, 34% of the consumers mentioned RE/MAX as “top of mind. Overall, 95% of the survey participants were aware of the RE/MAX name.
• Similarly, 30% of the consumers recalled seeing or hearing a RE/MAX ad recently, a figure triple that of Century 21 (12%), six times greater than Coldwell Banker (5%), 15 times greater than Prudential (2%) and 30 times greater than Keller Williams (1%).
• And how does that translate into business? When asked what brand they would most likely consider if buying or selling in the next two years, 28% of the consumers chose RE/MAX.
There is plenty more gold within this study (RE/MAX is the brand consumers would most likely recommend to a friend or relative, for instance, and “company image” is the leading reason sellers choose a RE/MAX agent).